The Immersive Bourne Stuntacular has Opened at Universal Orlando
Have you ever wanted to immerse yourself in the middle of a Bourne movie? I mean surround yourself with actual props from the movies and “in real life” stunts. If so, now is the time to start planning your visit to Universal Orlando to check out the just-opened Bourne Stuntacular!
One of the ways the Bourne Stuntacular grabs Guests in is by optical illusions. One of the first scenes features a large group of performers on the stage – or at least you think. In reality, there are just a few performers live on the stage while the rest of the large group is on a screen.
That is just one example on how this first-of-its-kind show delivers a new type of entertainment never seen before. Her are some more examples:
The Bourne Stuntacular Features Actual Scenes and Props From the Movies
When you walk into the queue for the Bourne Stuntacular at Universal Orlando, the first thing you will notice is images from “The Bourne Identity,” “The Bourne Supremacy,” and “The Bourne Ultimatum.” One of the scenes that sticks out the most if the iconic car chase down several flights of stairs from “The Bourne Identity.” Make sure to also be on the lookout for Jason’s motorcycle from “The Bourne Ultimatum.”
Experience an Original Story Line
When you pass through the security scanners into the Bourne Stuntacular at Universal Orlando mission headquarters, you will be greeted and briefed by Nicky Parsons. (Julia Stiles) Nicky is Jason Bourne’s go-to gal who helps him remember his past. While she can’t be in the field, she will ask for your help tracking Jason to make sure he does not get tricked by double agents.
When you enter the theater, you link up with Bourne as he makes his way across three continents and the cities of Tangier, Washington D.C., and Dubai to uncover classified information all while trying to evade capture at every turn. Anyone who loves travel like myself will love this!
Brace Yourself for Extreme Stunts and Extreme Action
Per Universal Orlando.com, here are a few reasons why the Bourne Stuntacular is next-level:
- The principal stunt trainers have doubled for A-list celebrities in some of the most popular action films and TV shows of all time. They have been working closely with the cast to deliver stunts that rival what can be seen in blockbuster films.
- By the time the show opens, the performers and technicians will have trained and rehearsed for more than eight months to prepare and learn the intricate technical systems and maneuvers.
- Two high free-falls – one reaching 22 feet from atop a Dubai apartment building.
- There is as much action behind-the-curtain as there is on stage, with performers interacting with high-tech props beneath the stage on lifts, from the sides on automated traveling scenery like an apartment high-rise, and from overhead on a helicopter, a wrecking ball, ladders, and much more. It got to the point where I realized I kept turning my head in every direction just to keep up with the movements.
One scene that will leave you on the edge of your seat, is when Bourne is being chased on a motorcycle when all of a sudden both the screen and Bourne go from in real life speed to slow motion. At first glance you will think Bourne was on the cinema screen but it was actually a live action holding himself up and moving in slow motion.
The Bourne Stuntacular Features Technology Never Seen Before
If you are looking for a show with some of the most cutting edge technology, the Bourne Stuntacular is it! This show features vehicle tracking systems, pinpoint-accurate projection mapping, and much more. Here are some fun facts about the technology the Stuntacular uses:
- There is an immense LED screen measuring 3,640-square feet at 130-feet wide and 28-feet tall. This is code for one really, really, really BIG screen.
- Advanced projection mapping works seamlessly alongside the cinema of the show, projecting pin-point accurate images on top of moving scenes.
- One of the largest action show structures ever created for a Universal show – the car lift – sits beneath the stage and measures nearly 20 feet tall. The lift is capable of lifting and rotating two vehicles 280-degrees and raising and lowering each car independently from seven feet beneath the stage to above stage level. Putting this into perspective, when I watched the show the first time I had no idea there was anything beneath the stage, let alone two cars and a 20-foot wide structure that they operate on. All I saw were two cars suddenly racing, which left me wondering, “how did those get on stage?!”
You Will FEEL the Action Unfold
Those taking in the Bourne Stuntacular at Universal Orlando will immerse themselves in the story wtih effects such as fire, smoke, wind, and more. Here are some examples of what you will FEEL during the show:
- Eight moving set-pieces ranging from a three-wheeled motorcycle, a tower in a Tangier marketplace, and the front entrance of a grand mansion.
- Gusts of wind as a helicopter travels overhead, the blast of a steam boiler, and several other explosions, including flames reaching a height of 20 feet.
The creators of the Bourne Stuntacular at Universal Orlando have worked directly with Bourne filmmakers to bring this attraction to life. It’s one that you for sure won’t forget!
Let’s start planning your visit to Universal Orlando! Are you a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus? Fill out the form below or send an email to HRamey@LetsAdventureTravel.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Universal vacation. Plus, if you are a teacher or someone on the front lines fighting this virus, you will receive a gift card when you book your vacation package* with me by December 21, 2020. As an agent with Let’s Adventure Travel, I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and ensure you are receiving the best rate available. In addition, I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@LetsAdventureTravel.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for the best travel deals and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with a 3-day ticket
Image Credit: Universal Orlando