Revenge of the Mummy Is Running for Technical Rehearsals Today!
Revenge of the Mummy is running! I repeat Revenge of the Mummy is running!
Universal Orlando is holding a technical rehearsal for Revenge of the Mummy. That means that guests in the park today will be able to ride the newly enhanced attraction!
Revenge of the Mummy has been closed since January for a lengthy refurbishment. Some of those refurbishments include enhanced visuals, refreshed effects, and the one and only Brendan Fraser is still making his appearance.
You know the story, you’ve been transported back to 1926 and find yourself entering the tomb of Imhotep. As you make your way through the corridors and do your best not to disturb the spirits within, an ancient curse is awakened. Will you be able to escape with your soul intact? Seems unlikely.
The ride is so incredibly themed, even the queue. The qn facorridor opens into a wide chamber, where a recently abandoned archaeological dig is found. There is a large looking glass that displays visuals explaining the story of Imhotep and warns guests about what they may encounter if they awaken the curse. The body lying on the ground in front of the looking glass indicates it may be a little too late for that though.
You’ll make your way up a short staircase and find yourself on the boarding platform, ready to be taken even deeper into the tomb via mine car.
After boarding your mine carts and taking off into the tomb, you’re greeted by the warden, Gad Hassan. Well, not so much greeted as aggressively told to turn back immediately. He reminds you that the curse is real (in case that wasn’t abundantly clear) before being overtaken by hungry scarabs. He’s probably fine though. You then find yourself surrounded by dozens of mummified corpses, who are now wide awake. It’s hard to tell if they’re happy to see you, but the many arms reaching from the ceiling definitely feel equal parts welcoming and threatening.
You’re taken into a chamber filled with ancient treasure, where the face of Imhotep appears on a wall, tempting you with riches. You slowly turn down another corridor and find Imhotep standing above you, reciting an ancient Egyptian curse. At this point, you should finally start to realize the danger you’re in, but it’s too late – your soul belongs to Imhotep.
The ride experience begins as a dark ride with light effects and advanced animatronics. It then becomes a high-speed, indoor roller coaster in the dark with fog and strobe effects, jolting twists and turns (no full inversions), sudden stops, and a lot of time traveling backwards.
- Minimum height requirement 48″ (121.9 cm)
- Universal Express Pass accepted
- Small, carry-on items are allowed and should be placed in a storage bag on the ride. Lockers are required to store larger belongings.
- Child Swap available upon request
- The thrill ride is based on the popular Mummy films.
- The Hollywood ride is the second of three installations of Revenge of the Mummy — The Ride at a Universal theme park. The first ride opened just a few weeks prior at Universal Studios Florida while the third is located in Universal Studios Singapore.
- A golden statue is hidden among the treasure to commemorate the attraction that previously occupied the location in the Hollywood theme park.
- The Book of the Dead displayed in the queue is an actual prop from The Mummy movie.
- All hieroglyphics featured on the walls of the attraction are accurate and are warning you not to enter.
So, hang on tight to your soul, and remember, the curse IS REAL!
Thinking about a visit to Universal? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from Let’s Adventure Travel!
Are you ready to start planning your next adventure? Contact me today for your FREE, no obligation quote for a Universal vacation! My planning services are included at no extra cost. Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.